Back from Spirit West Coast!
1) There are the "back of the book" readers
2) Then there's the cover-art-sold-me-readers (no need to read the back!)
3) The endorsement page inspectors
4) The read-the-first-page-readers (there were also some who opened to a random page in the middle of the book)
5) Lastly, there were those who, of course, did some combo form of the above 4 methods :)
Several people who bought the book even came back and gave me updates on where they were at in the story! That was fun.
At an event this big, you meet a lot of fellow writers too. Lots of teenagers love to write, and it was cool encouraging them and hearing about there great ideas.
There were some other cool booths at the festival. My favorites were the Crown of Life Comics (there blog is HERE) and a fabulous fantasy artist Caleb Havertape.
And the last bit of good news...American Midnight was review over at Angie's blog! Check it out :)